How to Create an MS-DOS Start-Up Disk - WinXP
You may be asked by a member of our support staff to use a MS-DOS Start Up disk for a particular procedure. These simple instructions give details on how to start up disk (boot floppy) is created.
1. Insert a blank disk into your floppy drive
2. Open My Computer and select the floppy disk drive. To open My Computer, click Start and then click My Computer
3. Open the file menu and select Format
4. When Format has been selected the following dialog is displayed:
5. Check the Create an MS-DOS startup disk box and select Start. The boot floppy will now be created.