How to Run PCICFG FREEDOS Boot Disk
You may be asked by our support staff to make a 3.5" floppy disc to assist in solving problems you may have encountered.
The PCICFG FREEDOS boot disk utility creates a 3.5" floppy disc containing the FREEDOS operating system, along with the diagnostic program PCICFG.
Once the floppy boot disk has been created it can be used to boot your computer without using Windows® and obtain information regarding the PCI configuration spaces of all the devices in your system.
The PCICFG FREEDOS boot disk utility can be obtained from the following source:
- On the Datapath CD supplied with your graphics card in the Utils/ PCI directory
Please follow the simple instructions below to create the boot disk:
- Insert a formatted 3.5" floppy disk into the A: drive
- Run the program MAKE_PCICFG_BOOTDISK.exe from a Windows® Command Prompt
- The program will then prompt you to press the space bar, before proceeding to create the boot disk
- Once the boot disk has been created, you should restart your computer with the boot disk still inserted into the A drive.
NOTE: In some cases it may be necessary to change your BIOS settings in order to boot from a floppy disk. Please refer to your motherboard manual for details of how to change these settings.
- Once the computer has rebooted you should be presented with the command prompt A:\
- Run the PCICFG utility by typing:
pcicfg-v* > output.txt
Please note you should only run the PCICFG program once you have rebooted the computer using the FREEDOS operating system. PCICFG should NOT be run from a Windows® command prompt.