RMA Returns Policy
Note: We refer you to our standard terms and conditions for the legal position regarding RMA returns. By returning a product to Datapath Ltd you accept these terms.
2) It is essential for you to know the serial number of the product(s) when contacting us.
4) At the time that the "RMA Number" is issued we will inform you of the warranty status of the product and the cost of the repair, if appropriate - see paragraph (b) below. The product should then be returned, at your cost, to Datapath following the steps below.
5) There are 4 possible scenarios when a product is returned to us:
(a) The product is in warranty and is either found to be genuinely faulty or no fault is found. In these cases, the product will be repaired as necessary, or replaced by a new or previously repaired product, and returned to you at our cost.
(b) The product is out of warranty and is found to be faulty. The product if possible will be repaired or replaced at fixed cost, as stated in the RMA authorisation email. To cover this payment, you will be required to either provide a Purchase Order or Credit Card details, when the product is returned to us. (However, we will not issue an invoice or charge the credit card until the repair has been completed and is about to be returned to you)
(c) The product is in warranty but is found to be damaged by mis-use. This will be treated as (b) above.
(d) The product is out of warranty and is obsolete. In the unlikely situation that the product can be neither repaired nor replaced, because some of it's components are obsolete and we have no swap-out stock left, then the product will either be returned to you, or disposed of at your request, with no charge.
PLEASE NOTE: Datapath will not accept responsibility for the safety, integrity or secruity of any programmes, data or other content held on hard drives or any other type of re-writable media which is sent to us either separately or as part of any equipment returned to us for repair or for any other purpose. Customers are advised to take back-ups of anything that they deem to be valuable or important before returning the equipment to us and anything which is confidential should be erased from the media before it's returned.
6) Once the RMA Number has been issued, you need to raise your Purchase Order, or supply your credit card details, and return the product to: Datapath Ltd, Bemrose House, Bemrose Park, Derby DE21 6XQ, United Kingdom or Datapath North America, Suite 320, 2550 Boulevard of the Generals, Norristown, PA 19403-3680 - securely packed and with the RMA Number clearly displayed on the outside of the box. To prevent unnecessary carriage and handling please only send back products or accessory items you believe to be faulty.
7) Please ensure that where possible the original packaging, or similar, is used to help prevent the possibility of transit damage. Unfortunately transit damaged products received by Datapath could result in the loss of warranty and chargeable repairs; it may also delay the process.
8) In the case of paragraph (c) above, the fixed charge will be levied after we have seen the product and identified the mis-use. In this case we will request you to issue a purchase order or provide credit card details beofre any repairs are completed.
9) Our policy is to return the repair (or swap-out) to you within 10 days of receipt.